• Going inside the Annunciation Marble Arch

    10 days ago - By Cellular news

    Tucked away on a side street near Marble Arch is a solidly built brick church from the outside, that's a richly decorated church on the inside - the Annunciation Marble Arch.
    Originally built as the Quebec Chapel in 1787 by Lord Portman, who owned a large amount of land in the area, the church was substantially rebuilt in the 1850s.
    In 1894 the church site was bought by the parish from the Portman Estates, as part of a never carried out plan to buy up the entire block that the church stood on. They did though rebuild the church, again, in what's commonly known as Edwardian Gothic, in that...
    Read more ...