The Sports Desk - This Isn't The End Of Pro Evolution Soccer
Konami recently announced it is ending its 10-year licensing relationship with UEFA's Champions League - a loss for the company's Pro Evolution Soccer versus its license-rich, rival franchise FIFA. On the surface this may seem like a big blow, but I actually think this isn't a huge loss for the series.
WHAT WAS THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BRINGING TO PES?
I'd rather PES have the Champions League license than not have it, but considering it was only integrated as a stand-alone tournament, popped up when appropriate during your Master League calendar, and was a basis for some MyClub campaigns, it wasn't a huge addition. Of course, you could argue that the license could or should have been more impactful within the game, but as it was, the loss of the license isn't ripping out the heart of the franchise. It'll no doubt be replaced with a generically named Champions Tournament, so the competition will still be in function just not in name.
Besides, for many supporters, winning their domestic league is the priority over...
The last Posts from "GameInformer"
- Moving Toward The Magical In Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Suikoden II Gets A Nostalgia-Filled Concert In Japan
- Overwatch Having A Free Week On Xbox One, New Animated Short On Wednesday
- Twitch Prime Pulls Ad-Free Options After September 14
- A Hat In Time DLC And Co-Op Announced, Switch Version Coming Soon
- Dead Or Alive 6 Adds Hitomi And Leifang, Along With A New Pirate Ship Stage
- The Madden 19 Bugs Highlight Reel
- The Strongest Ships In Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Grandia I And II HD Coming To Switch, First Game Coming To PC
- Battlefield V Open Beta Starts September 4 For EA Subscribers, September 6 For Wider Public
- Bloodstained Delayed To 2019, Vita Version Cancelled
- Grand Strategy Title Stellaris Heading To Consoles
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Details Teased For Gamescom
- Nintendo Highlights Bevy Of Indie Titles
- Team Sonic Racing Developer Acquires The Chinese Room
- First Uncut Devil May Cry 5 Gameplay Will Be At Gamescom
- Toronto Gets Its Own Overwatch League Team
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Delayed To November
- Dying Light: Bad Blood Enters Early Access Next Month
- Candy Crush Creators Release "Midcore" RPG Legend Of Solgard
The headlines of HighGeekly
Nokia 6.1 Plus with 19:9 display debuts in India for just ₹15,999
HMD Global's latest budget phone delivers in the areas that matter. HMD Global unveiled the Nokia X6 earlier this year in China, and the device is now making its way to global...
Why the Note 9 has me more excited than ever for Samsung's Galaxy S10
Samsung's new Galaxy Note 9 is set to be released at the end of this week. The phone will launch slightly ahead of schedule compared to the company's prior two Note series...
Nokia launches the notch-toting Nokia 6.1 Plus and 5.1 Plus in India
HMD Global has released the Nokia 6.1 Plus and the Nokia 5.1 Plus in India. The smartphones were first launched in the Chinese market. The 6.1 Plus is priced at Rs 15,999 and...
Huawei Mate 20 & Huawei Mate 20 Lite Leak BIG TIME: Specs, Pics, Features
Paul Briden 21/08/2018 - 10:48am Huawei Mate 20 leaks are coming thick and fast A couple of leaks have appeared in tandem for the Huawei Mate 20 and the lower spec, cheaper...
NASA directly observes definitive evidence of water ice on Moon for first time
NASA scientists have directly observed definitive evidence of water ice on the Moon's surface for the first time. The evidence of water ice was found in the darkest and coldest...
Welcome to Plugged, TNW's new hardware publication
We're proud to announce the launch of our gear, gadget, and hardware site, Plugged! While there are more brilliant bits of hardware being released than ever before, the...
Samsung has at least five new smartphones in the works for Europe
Samsung Galaxy A8 Samsung already has one of the most extensive smartphone lineups on the market but according to new information, the South Korean giant has multiple devices...
Insta360 Pro 2 shoots stabilized 8K VR video that you can watch on 4K headsets
The new Insta360 Pro 2 is the first pro-grade 360 camera to integrate stabilization - but it also packs in a host of other features, including algorithms that allow the 8K...
Saints Row: The Third is headed to Nintendo Switch and we're praying for a...
Some of you guys might have been praying for it, and if you were the Saints have answered you. Yep, Saints Row: The Third is on its way to Nintendo Switch. We don't know when...
HTC Vive owners can cut the cord with, er, £300 Wireless Adapter
But firm will sweeten the deal with a a two-month trial to Viveport Subscription